Celebrating The Shared Spice’s 1 Year Anniversary: a quick bite size snack featuring the 2 most popular spices in the world, black pepper & cumin. 🙂
My dad is a great cook, especially when it’s cooking chicken. He loves to experiment and challenge himself as much as I do, and so I’d like to thank him for inspiring me everyday day. I’ve watched him and my Aunts make this recipe for our family parties for years, and we can’t get enough of it. Of course this recipe has my Dad’s touch, so a big s/o to him.
My family is full of incredible cooks and we love feeding people. Like no joke – ask anyone of my cousins. I think we come home from our reunions with an added 5 lbs.
Jeera (or cumin) is a staple ingredient in Indian cooking, and honestly it’s my favorite spice to cook with! It was only about time that I’d share my love for it with you.
Also fun fact – it’s The Shared Spice blog’s 1 Year Anniversary! Thank you for keeping The Shared Spice as a part of your life for the past year. You all continue to inspire me, humble me, and keep me happy. ♥
PREP: 10 minutes TOTAL: 25 minutes YIELD: 4-6 servings
- 3 large Chicken Breasts (boneless/skinless), cut into 2 inch bite size strips
- 1½ tbsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1½ tbsp. Course Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Minced Green Chilies (adjust spice level as you’d like)
- 1 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Cooking Oil
- In large bowl, season Chicken Breast strips with Salt and Black Pepper. For best results, marinade in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- In saute pan over low heat, add Cooking Oil. When oil starts to bubble slightly, add in Cumin Seeds. Turn heat up to medium heat, and let Cumin Seeds toast for 20 seconds.
- Add in season Chicken Breasts strips and mix. Be careful you don’t get splattered with oil!
- Cover pan and let chicken cook for 10 minutes. Check back ever other minute to gently mix. Don’t worry about the water, it goes away in the next step!
- Uncover pan, and mix in minced Green Chilies and Lime Juice. Let chicken cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and mix in Chopped Cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
#TashTip: Serve as cocktail food for biting with Beer, wine, and cocktails!