Fruity. Boozy. Summery. Thinking ahead to summer, family & guest approved drinks all around. Cheers!
A super easy spring/summer drink that can be a day time or night time indulgence. Using fresh fruit and sweet wine to make you feel oh so fine. 🙂
I can’t claim myself to be a bartender by any means, but I’ve really enjoyed pretending to be one! Mixing all sorts alcohol, bitters, fruits, and home ingredients to make sure they perfectly balance- easier said than done. Ask my sister, I’ve probably tried to make a lemonade spritzer 4 times, and I still can’t get the measurements right (one day I will!). I have so much respect for Bartenders for this reason, truly miss going out and seeing their magic in action. Whether its a speakeasy, cocktail bar, or sports bar, or restaurant, bartending and drink making is an awesome talent to have.
Whether it was bartender or barista dreams, it’s been great to live out some of those in my home during these “quarantine, work from home” days. Picking up a new skill within my hobby of cooking is so rewarding – and honestly keeps the work/life harmony going. Stepping out of my comfort zone, can’t wait to continue to push the boundaries with my love for cooking – and now drink-making!
PREP: 10 minutes TOTAL: 15 minutes YIELD: 4-6 servings
- 750ml Pinot Noir Wine or any sweet/semi-sweet Spanish red wine
- 1 cup no pulp Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Orange, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1/2 Green Apple, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 5-6 Strawberries, sliced
- Mint (optional garnish)
- Ice Cubes
- In a large pitcher, add cut orange, green apples, and turbinado sugar. Using a wooden spoon, muddle/mix the sugar into the fruit.
- Stir in orange juice, lemon juice, and the pinot noir wine.
- Add in blueberries and strawberries. Mix slowly until all ingredient are incorporated.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or serve with ice.
- Enjoy! Garnish with orange slices and mint as needed.
#TashTip: Add club soda or lemon-lime soda to make it into a sangria spritzer!