Can’t be on the lovely Juhu Beach or coasts of India, but you can always count on a “beach getaway” from the comforts of your home, spicy, breezy, culinary style.
Whether you make it a weeknight meal or splurge on the weekend with some wine in hand, salmon fillets always seem daunting to make – and I’m here to tell you it’s not!
Adding classic Tandoori spices and coolness of yogurt in the marinade, along with crisp spice from green chilies takes these salmon fillets to the next level. It’ll have you reminiscing of the holidays you took as a kid in the beaches of India, enjoying coastal seafood with tons of spices, and cooling down with some coconut water or Frooti Pops – at least this is what my Mom said when she tried my version of her OG recipe.
Happy First Day of Summer, loves. We may be social distancing, but that doesn’t mean our palates have to as well. ☀
PREP: 15 minutes TOTAL: 40 minutes YIELD: 3-6 servings
- 6 Frozen Salmon Fillets, deboned/skin-on, thawed at room temperature for 10 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste (feel free to use ready-made paste, but easy homemade recipe below)
Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste – blend 4 garlic cloves & 2 1-inch pieces of ginger (peeled) with 1/2 tsp. olive oil. Blend until paste is pale/smooth. Done!
- 3 tbsp. Tandoori Masala (I use National’s Brand!)
- 3-4 Green Chilies
- 1 Lime, freshly squeezed
- Olive Oil
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line large baking sheet with foil. Spray foiled-lined sheet with cooking spray (ensures bottom of fish doesn’t stick!)
- Pat Salmon Fillets dry and place skin side down on foiled-lined baking sheet. Lightly brush olive oil on top and sides of fillets.
- Prepare Tandoori Yogurt Marinade: in mixing bowl, add Plain Yogurt, Ginger-Garlic Paste, Tandoori Masala, chopped Green Chilies, and freshly squeezed Lime juice. Combine well together.
- Evenly until mixture is done, liberally spoon & spread Tandoori Yogurt Marinade over tops and sides of each fillet.
- Bake in center of oven until salmon is cooked through: ~15 minutes for medium-well, ~20 minutes for well-done. Internal temperature should reach approximately 130°F.
- Serve and enjoy!
#TashTip: Remember to spoon over marinade left on baking sheet for extra “magic sauce” with each fillet. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley for color.