The perfect condiment & flavor enhancer, ready for day-of consumption in ~30 minutes!
Easy screenshot recipe available in the highlight section of The Shared Spice Instagram Page!
Leftover pickling liquid can be reused for your next batch or the acidic element in homemade dressings. Pairs really well with my Poblano Chutney recipe, especially on a taco, burrito, or kati roll.
Always love a quick recipe that requires little to no work on our end, but still packs the punch when it comes to flavor and taste.
PREP: 5 minutes TOTAL: 35 minutes YIELD: 1 cup
- 1 medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Peppercorns
- Place sliced red onions in a jar with a lid.
- In a pot over the lowest heat: simmer water, distilled white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and peppercorns for 2 minutes or until salt is completely dissolved. Stir occasionally, not letting it boil. Turn off heat.
- Pour pickling liquid over onions. Close jar lid and shake onions ad pickling liquid together.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. For best results cool for 4-8 hours
- Serve and enjoy!
#TashTip: Keep refrigerated until serving time. Serve with falafels, tacos, fried rice, burritos, anything! Lasts up to 1 week in the fridge.