My go-to atypical non-boring homemade stir fry recipe – served in 20 minutes or less!
When take-out is not an option, I’m here to help.
Easy, simple, quick, cheap, and FLAVORFUL recipe to help you get a meal on the table as we try to sane during these weird times.
I’d say the “new normal” has officially been defined, and hope you & your families are all staying safe. I know trips to the grocery store are limited and you want to make food with things in your pantry – hopefully this is it.
With hints of Hunan Chicken, Japanese Teriyaki Chicken, and Hot Garlic Szechuan comes my homegrown go-to recipe to basic stir fry. While I’ve developed this recipe to be simple, I’ve made sure the flavors are never compromised. Enjoyed best with rice, great for meal-prepping for the week ahead, and honestly – good for anytime of the day.
And for those of you who have asked… no, I have not had Dalgona Coffee yet.
PREP: 10 minutes TOTAL: 20 minutes YIELD: 2-4 servings
CHINESE CHICKEN STIR FRY
- 1-1½ lb. Chicken Tenderloins or Chicken Breast, diced into 1″ pieces
- 1 small Broccoli head, split into individual florets
- 1 Jalapeño, finely chopped (add Thai Green Chilies for extra spice!)
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Grated Ginger
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Stir Fry Sauce
- Cooking Oil
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 1/3 cup. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2/3 cup. Water
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp. Grated Ginger
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- Prepare Stir Fry Sauce: in a bowl, whisk together all stir fry sauce ingredients until incorporated. Set aside.
- In wok over medium-to-low heat, heat up 1 tbsp. Cooking Oil. Add in minced Garlic, grated Ginger, and chopped Jalapeño/Chilies. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Mix in diced Chicken Tenderloins in wok. Season with Ground Black Pepper and Sriracha. Mix/saute until chicken is thoroughly cooked through (~5-6 minutes uncovered).
- Pour in Stir Fry Sauce, and toss in broccoli florets. Turn up heat to medium-to-high, stir all wok ingredients together.
- Let cook for additional 1-2 minutes, mixing intermittently.
- Serve and Enjoy!
#TashTip: Add more water in Step #4 to create more “gravy” for that side of rice or lessen gravy by turning up the heat – however you choose!