4 ingredient side dish or snack that asks, “is there such thing as too much garlic?!“. Nah son. There is not.
Whether it’s for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, your next dinner party, or just a (healthy) snack craving, these will be the star. I love garlic. I love it even more when it’s roasted and just slightly burnt, so the beautiful flavors release themselves to create an amazing aroma.
Pan roasted green beans (rather than baked or slow cooker) leave them tender but with a little bite to them. The soy sauce helps caramelize, and the red chili flakes add the perfect amount of spice. I’ve served them on their own, with mashed potatoes, and with baked chicken. Sometimes, I have more entree leftover because these green beans go fast!
Vegetarian friendly. Vegan friendly. Garlic friendly. Stomach happiness friendly.
PREP: 2 minutes TOTAL: 12 minutes YIELD: 4-8 servings
- 1 lb. Fresh Green Beans
- 4 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp. Garlic, minced (~8 cloves; feel free to add more since you can never have enough garlic!)
- 2 tbsp. Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Wash Green Beans and pat dry. Cut off & throw out stems from ends.
- In saute pan over low to medium heat, heat up Olive Oil. Add in Green Beans, Soy Sauce, and Red Pepper Flakes. Gently toss, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in chopped Garlic, Salt, and Ground Black Pepper. Saute green beans for an additional 5 minutes, tossing every minute or so.
- Squeeze lemon juice over top (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
#TashTip: Chop the Spicy Garlic Green Beans into smaller pieces, and toss it with carrots, cabbage, green onions, and an Oriental dressing for a super quick Asian inspired salad!