Tostito’s Instagram Approved! Adding a Tex-Mex vibe to your classic chips & dips game. You’ll want to, but no double-dipping allowed. Follow @TheSharedSpice on Instagram for a step-by-step live demo for this recipe!
When your best friend asks you for an easy (veg) appetizer/snack recipe to feed her party guests for a Mexican Food themed dinner, and you share something you made for the family a while back, but then forget to completely post it on the blog until 8 months later… LOL HI THAT’S ME.
But better late than never, right? Right.
Great dish for any party – Super Bowl, Dinner, NYE, BBQ, Wine Night, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Brunch, Happy Hour, ANYTHING! I mean it involves very little effort, has cheese, and it’s self serve.
I’m all about those recipes that use ingredients straight from my freezer/pantry, and require those least amount of dishes to wash. While best made in a Cast Iron Skillet, regular saute pan works just fine. But also, if you haven’t already invested in a Cast Iron Skillet – I’d highly recommend it. It’s not as intimidating as you might believe, and if you need any care-taking tips, I’m here for ya.
PREP: 10 minutes TOTAL: 35 minutes YIELD: 4-8 servings
- 1 bag Frozen Yellow corn
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese (same as 1/2 of grocery store package)
- 1.5 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper, diced small
- 2 Jalapeños, diced small
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2-3 Thai Green Chilies, minced
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce, minced
- 1 tsp. Adobo Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. Butter or 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- For Optional Garnish – Chopped Cilantro, Diced Tomatoes, Sliced Jalapeños, Sliced Limes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In Cast Iron Skillet or saute pan over medium-to-high heat, heat up Butter or Olive Oil. Add in Garlic, Red Bell Pepper, Jalapeños, Green Chilies, Frozen Yellow Corn, and Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce. Mix.
- Mix in Taco Seasoning, Black Pepper, Salt, Adobo Sauce, and Lime Juice. Sauté all ingredients together for 4-5 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Lower heat to medium-low, and add in Cream Cheese. Mix until cream cheese is melted and mixture becomes slightly creamy.
- Stir in 1 cup of Pepper Jack or Cheddar cheese until melted.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish and sprinkle top with remainder of cheese. If using Cast Iron Skillet, no need to transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melting and bubbly.
- Garnish per your preference.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
#TashTip: This dish is best served immediately. Use any leftovers to make quesadillas or use as stuffing for a Tex-Mex twist in my Corn & Cheese Puffs recipe!