When the weather is getting cooler, and the holidays are right around the corner, what better way to relax in your snuggie than with a hot meal and some Netflix?! Just out here tryna warm up and fuel up for winter hibernation, ya feel.
Follow @TheSharedSpice on Instagram for a step-by-step live REEL for this recipe!
Fall foods, there’s mushroom in my heart for you. 🙂
This soup is dedicated to my sister’s love for sour cream. Yeah, sure it’s great with Mexican food, but trust me – even better in Italian inspired soup. Sour Cream adds the perfect level of tang and lightness to this dish to take it to the next level – a Hungarian cooking secret.
This silky smooth soup includes: 1) Light Cream, 2) Sour Cream, and 3) Parmesan Cheese, and 4) Lots of Love. While I try to be health conscious when I can help it, during the cooler weathers it’s nice to splurge and warm up the right way. To make myself feel better, I purposely used lighter creams so it’s less rich in terms of fat content, but trust me – it’s still rich in flavor. $$$
An ode to my favorite season: Happy Fall!
PREP: 20 minutes TOTAL: 35 minutes YIELD: 4 servings
- 2 8oz package White Button or Baby Bella Mushrooms (slice if whole or buy pre-sliced)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Light Cream (same as 1 pint)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 small Red or Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Thai Green Chili Peppers or 1 Serrano Pepper deseeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese (shredded is okay too!)
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- On medium-to-low heat, add Olive Oil and 1 tbsp. of Butter in a pot. Stir in chopped Onion and Green Chili Peppers. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Mix in minced Garlic, Sliced Mushrooms, remaining 1 tbsp of Butter. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Sour Cream, Light Cream, and Water to pot. Stir thoroughly until sour cream is dissolved.
- Sprinkle in Parsley, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Black Pepper. Adjust seasonings per taste.
- Simmer soup for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in Shaved Parmesan Cheese. Mix until melted.
- Serve with drizzle of Olive Oil. Feel free to garnish with more Parsley, Parmesan Cheese, and/or Red Pepper Flakes.
#TashTip: It’s great with Garlic Bread and Caesar Salad! Also try it as a side dish with Baked Chicken or Balked Salmon for an easy, but hearty meal.