When the weather is getting cooler, and the holidays are right around the corner, what better way to relax in your snuggie than with a hot meal and some Netflix?! Just out here tryna warm up and fuel up for winter hibernation, ya feel.
Fall foods, there’s mushroom in my heart for you. 🙂
This soup is dedicated to my sister’s love for sour cream. Yeah, sure it’s great with Mexican food, but trust me – even better in Italian inspired soup. Sour Cream adds the perfect level of tang and lightness to this dish to take it to the next level.
This silky smooth soup includes: 1) Light Cream, 2) Half & Half Cream, and 3) Sour Cream. While I try to be health conscious when I can help it, during the cooler weathers it’s nice to splurge and warm up the right way. To make myself feel better, I purposely used lighter creams so it’s less rich in terms of fat content, but trust me – it’s still rich in flavor. $$$
An ode to my favorite season: Happy Fall!
PREP: 20 minutes TOTAL: 35 minutes YIELD: 3-4 servings
- 1 8oz package White Button Mushrooms (slice if whole or buy pre-sliced)
- 1 8oz package Baby Bella Mushrooms (slice if whole or buy pre-sliced)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Light Cream (same as half pint)
- 1 cup Half and Half Cream (can sub with Whole Milk or 2% Milk)
- 4 tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 small Red Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Thai Green Chili Peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese (shredded is okay too!)
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- On medium heat, add Olive Oil and 1 tbsp of Butter in a pot. Stir in chopped Red Onion and Green Chili Peppers. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Mix in minced Garlic, Sliced Mushrooms, remaining 1 tbsp of Butter. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Water, Light Cream, Half & Half, and Sour Cream to pot. Stir thoroughly.
- Sprinkle in Parsley, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Black Pepper. Adjust Salt per taste.
- Stir in Shaved Parmesan Cheese. Mix until melted.
- Serve with drizzle of Olive Oil. Feel free to garnish with more Parsley, Parmesan Cheese, and/or Red Pepper Flakes.
It’s great with Garlic Bread and Caesar Salad! Also try it as a side dish with Baked Chicken or Balked Salmon for an easy, but hearty meal.