2021, we made it. Making the start of earth’s new rotation seem like a cozy snuggly bliss. Follow @TheSharedSpice on Instagram for live instructions via REELS!
Taking my homemade parmesan cream sauce (my version of alfredo) and jazzing it up for the new year. Silky smooth homemade sauce, favorite veggies, mild heat, pantry ingredients.
The best part about making a vegetarian pasta dish is that there are endless combinations for what you can add in! My favorite adjustments include adding bella mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, or asparagus. You can even make it protein filled with grilled chicken. The possibilities are endless!
That’s what the New Year is about anyways right? Optimism. Open and endless possibilities.
Last year may seem like a blur. And yet through the ups and downs that came with the pandemic, I was able to strengthen my resolve, my humbleness, and passion for sharing happiness. Recognizing that we are powerful beings with the ability to rise and show resiliency, chase the things that make you feel free. Good food, good people, appreciation for the little things in life.
2021. Take it easy y’all. Wishing you all good health and love. We gonna be alright. ♥
PREP: 20 minutes TOTAL: 30 minutes YIELD: 4-6 servings
- 1/2 box Penne Pasta, cooked per box instructions (~8 oz., 4 servings)
- 1/2 cup Reserved Pasta Water
- 1 pint Light Cream (2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. Pesto Sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (shaved or grated)
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced small
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 3-4 Thai Green Chilies or 2 Jalapeño Peppers, chopped small (optional)
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into small strips
- 10-15 Broccoli Florets
- 1 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
- In a nonstick sauce pan over medium-to-low heat, heat up Olive Oil and Butter.
- Add in diced Yellow Onion, chopped Thai Green Chilies/Jalapeños, and Garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds until onions are softened.
- Mix in fresh Spinach and Red Bell Pepper strips. Let cook additional 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Dried Basil, and Red Chili Flakes.
- Toss in Broccoli Florets and mix. Sauté veggie mixture for 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in Light Cream, Reserved Pasta Water, and Pesto Sauce. Cook mixture for ~1 minute, letting mixture bubble up and thicken slowly. Taste test and adjust salt/seasonings as needed. The sauce will slightly cling to your spatula/spoon at its perfect consistency.
- Sprinkle in Parmesan Cheese and let melt.
- Pour the veggie/cream sauce mixture on top of pasta in serving bowl.
- Optional Garnish: sprinkle top with fresh chopped Parsley and red chili flakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
#TashTip: Add more reserved pasta water to thin out sauce if it becomes to thick. Add more parmesan cheese if sauce becomes to thin.